Thursday, January 12, 2012

OCCUPY NIGERIA - DAY 4 (PART 1)

I wasn't able to join Day 3 of the protest for many reasons. Firstly, at about 12 noon, I heard gun shots from the Lekki Expressway and, well I stayed home.......
However today, I was more than ready. I also found a willing partner in Ivana. I picked her up in Lekki Phase 1 after stopping at Ebeano to replenish supplies for the house.
At Ebeano, the shelves were empty, and I said a quick prayer, that 'may we never see war in Nigeria'.
Anyway, I managed to get a few things and some frozen tomatoes (Man must wack afterall), and went to pick my partner for Day 4. When we got to Falomo, there were a lot of parked cars, but the crowd had moved. A quick phone call to Kola (Sleeves up) and we were informed that the group was occupying NTA, Ahmadu Bello. Apparently, NTA news yesterday (Day 3) had reported that there was no protest in Lagos, and that businesses were operating normally on the Island.
I'm sure that they're now better informed after today's visit.
The control truck from which speeches were made and music played.

Kola addressing the crowd in front of NTA
Listening to Pat Utomi


The crowd at NTA. Very interesting slogans also.
The pink poster says
JONATHAN, NIGERIA DOES NOT BELONG TO U
PACK YOUR LOAD AND GO. WE ARE TIRED OF
CORRUPTION AND INJUSTICE










While in front of NTA, we were addressed by Pat Utomi, and Kola (Sleeves up). And again, it was reiterated that this is beyond the fuel subsidy; but about good governance. It has taken us a long time time to get here, but finally we are demanding good governance.
I loved this placard!
He was just a billboard of various captions
English finish inside dictionary

See for yourself; no mention of subsidy



Very true!!!


Medical personnel on duty
The journey back to Falomo



From NTA we returned to our base in Falomo.
I will relate what happened at Falomo in Part 2. Enjoy the placards.
My conclusion is that Nigeria is changing. I met so many of my friends at the protests. Some came from Ikeja, to see what was going on in Ikoyi. I'm so proud of everyone, even the people who haven't been able to join.
It is evident that people have been and are praying for this country. We are all in this together!
Uche all the way from Ikeja to lend support;
she's been occupying at Ojota


Me, Ivana and Alero, who rode her
bike from Dolphin 














Lorraine and Uche _ Ikeja peeps
I love the T shirt, Me and Nora

The Bodyworks crew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment